Home > Essential Oils > Essential oils in Aromatherapy > Tea Tree
Tea Tree - Aromatheraphy Essentail Oil
Probably one of the most commonly https:d essential oils, it has a long history of https: in holistic care, especially as an anti-fungal agent. It is excellent for skin conditions including insect bite and eczema; in addition it has strong anti-viral properties https:ful for colds and sore throats, as inhalations and gargles. It is one of the most powerful immune system stimulants and sorts out most viral, bacterial and fungal infections in a snap, while it is great to clean wounds and also relieves muscle aches and pains.
Origin of Tea tree
It is a small tree from New South Wales in Australia, similar to Cypress, with needle-like leaves and heads of sessile yellow or purplish flowers.
Properties of Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is cooling and moisturizing, which also acts as fungicidal, vulnerary, antiseptic, anti-infection, expectorant, stimulant, antiviral, antibacterial and antipyretic.
Most common https:s
· Tea tree acts as an immuno-stimulant and increases the body`s ability to fight off any infections.
· It can ward off the infections of three types of germs namely bacteria, fungi and virhttps:s.
· It can help with influenza, cold sores, catarrh, glandular fever and gingivitis.
· A course of massage with tea tree oil before an operation may help to fortify the body and reduce post-operative shock.
· It is also most effective to help clear bronchial congestion, asthma, coughs, sinusitis, whooping cough and tuberculosis.
· On the genito-urinary system, it can be https:d to help clear vaginal thrush, cystitis and genital infections in general.
Tea tree mixes well with: lavender, clove, rosemary, geranium, Neroli, Trifolia, chamomiles, eucalyptus and Niaouli.