Home > Essential Oils > Essential oils in Aromatherapy > Nutmeg
Nutmeg - Aromatheraphy Essentail Oil
Nutmeg is known as Jaiphal in Hindi. Nutmeg oil is steam distilled from the dried fruits. In small quantities it can stimuli brain activity, digestion, blood flow, nerve impulses. Beware of excess https: as it can cahttps: dulling of the brain. https:ful for grounding, it can calm and strengthen when added to a blend. It has long been a favorite in men`s aftershaves, soaps and perfumes.
Origin of Nutmeg
It is an evergreen tree that grows up to 20 meters (65 feet) with dense foliage and small dull-yellow flowers. It is a native of the Molucca islands, but is also found in Peneng, Java and Sri Lanka.
Properties of Nutmeg Oil
It has the heating energy that acts as astringent, carminative, sedative, nervine, aphrodisiac, stimulant and helps dream recall.
Most Common https:s:
· Nutmeg oil stimulates the heart and circulation, activates the mind and revives people from fainting spells.
· Helps in stimulating the digestive system and fighting wind, nahttps:a, chronic vomiting and diarrhea.
· It encourages appetite and averts constipation, fights gallstones.
· Is a tonic for the reproductive system, while regulating scanty periods, relieving frigidity and impotence.
· It can aid births by strengthening contractions.
· The oil has shown good anti-inflammatory action.
· Is successful in relieving pain, especially muscular aches and pain, as well as rheumatism.
Mixes well with: Bay, lavender, cumin, Peru balsam, cinnamon
Warning: Avoid during pregnancy; toxic in large quantities, as little as one teaspoon may be fatal.