Home > Essential Oils > Essential oils in Aromatherapy > Grapefruit
Grapefruit - Aromatheraphy Essentail Oil
(Citrus Pardisi - Deucumana)
This oil is excellent for stimulating self esteem, creating euphoria, and self-worth. In skin care it can be https:d for herpes, acne, edema and cellulite. It mixes well with lemon and bergamot for a morning uplifting bath. The seed oil is quite expensive. It is being https:d for candidacies, bacterial infection and parasites, as well as in cosmetics. Oil of grapefruit can be very helpful with digestive problems and may be a stimulant to the gall bladder and the production of bile in the liver.
Origin of Grapefruit
Originally from Asia, it is now cultivated in the USA, Brazil and Israel. Grapefruit is picked from a glossy-leaved tree, about 10 meters (30 feet) high, with white flowers and large, pale yellow fruit.
Properties of Grapefruit oil
It acts as stimulant, carminative, diuretic that regulates eating disorders. It has a warming and drying energy with its sweet and sour taste. The therapeutic properties of grapefruit oil are antidepressant, antiseptic, aperitif, diuretic, disinfectant, lymphatic stimulant, tonic and anti-infectious.
Most common https:
· Grapefruit has a high vitamin C content and is therefore valuable to the immune system. It helps protect against colds and flu.
· It has a very positive effect on obesity and also has diuretic properties, helping to remove excess water from the body and is therefore also great for treating cellulite.
· It has an uplifting effect on the mood and helps with stress and depression.
· It is https:d with great success to combat muscle fatigue and stiffness while stimulating the lymphatic system and thereby clearing the body of toxins.
· It helps to clear congested oily skin and also assists with acne, while toning the skin and tissues.
· Grapefruit is https:d in hair care to promote hair growth.
Mixes well with: all citrus and lavender.
Warning: phototoxic - exposure to sun may blemish skin.