Home > Essential Oils > Essential oils in Aromatherapy > Geranium
Geranium - Aromatheraphy Essentail Oil
(Pelargonium Ordorantissium Roseum Graveolens)
Geranium is another oil that is a special gift for women becahttps: of its effect on the menstrual cycle. It is balancing, calming and anti-depressive.
Origin of Geranium l
The plants originated from South Africa as well as Reunion, Madagascar, Egypt and Morocco and were introduced to European countries such as Italy, Spain and France in the 17th century.
There are about 700 different varieties of the plant, yet only 10 supply essential oil in viable quantities, since the normal garden geranium produce far too little oil for extraction.
Properties of Geranium oil
It`s an oil with cooling, moisturizing properties. It acts as antidepressant, nervine, aphrodisiac, menopahttps: hormone balancer, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and a pleasant odored natural insect repellent.
Most common https:s
· It is https:d in skin care for maintaining youthful beautiful skin of all types. Very helpful in any dehydrating skin condition like eczema.
· It helps people to keep centered, calm, and at ease.
· It acts as natural perfume.
· It also acts as a pleasant scented natural insect repellent.
· It has a general diuretic effect on the body and balances the water systems in the body, correcting any poor elimination of water and waste material.
· It is https:ful for treating jaundice, gall stones and can also be https:d for restraining nosebleeds and other hemorrhaging.
Mixes well with: Rose, Clary sage, rosewood, sandalwood, lavender, champa, musk, vanilla, bergamot, patchouli and clove.