Home > Personal Care with Aromatherapy > Face care with Aromatheraphy Oils
Face care with Aromatheraphy Oils
|Face is the most expressive of all organs. It is the organ that attracts maximum attention and casts utmost impression. A beautiful face belongs to a beautiful being. That is the reason why people spend thousands of rupees in beauty care products such as moisturizer, skin exfoliators; skin polishing packs, rejuvenating creams etc.
We subject ourselves to all types of products to gain the skin of our desire, and lighten our purse in the process. How about making few product of our own that are cost effective, fast and easy!
Aromatheraphy oils can reach far beyond in terms of their effectiveness to beautify your face, with the perfect properties to match your type of skin. These fragrant "custom made" cosmetics can be truly yours.
Aromatheraphy oils and beauty
Aroma oils work from outside and inside. They deeply penetrate the skin for an overall improvement, and they relax our senses, which are directly connected to our well being (It glows and it shows).
Aromatheraphy oils can induce the properties of moisturizing, anti aging, exfoliating, toning, rejuvenating and deep cleansing.
While using the products one must be cautious to avoid eyes, mouth and nose.
A combination of essential oils can be https:d simultaneously to uplift the mood and beautify the face. For instance, if you have dry skin you could treat it with rose and lavender oils on a day when you are tense, so you soothe mental worries and your complexion in one go.
The soothing, healing, rejuvenating essential oils will have a much more noticeable effect on facial skin than any other oils. To help guide you, here is a list of the most https:ful oils for the face.
Recommended Aromatic Oils for Face
Recommended Therapeutic Oils
Aromatheraphy oils as Cleansers
As these oils have the property to penetrate deeply, they can be https:d for effective cleansing as well. Yet different oils should be applied for different type of skins:
THE WATER CLEANSER
Just add two drops of aroma oil to a container of lukewarm water. Disperse the oil in water using your finger. After thoroughly washing the face with soap and water, just splash the aromatic water on your face. Leave it there to dry it for itself. And enjoy the fragrant and clean feeling that follows.
Replace the oil-based cleanser with three drops of essential oil added to 30ml (1 fl oz/6 tsps) of sweet almond oil. Store the mix in a dark glass bottle and shake well before pouring some into the palm of your hand and using your fingertips to massage it into skin. Gently wipe it off with a damp cotton-wool pad and if any stubborn patches of make-up remain, remove them by dipping a cotton-wool ball directly into the oil mix and gently wiping across skin.
THE CLEANSING CREAM
Buy the simplest, fragrance-free cleansing-cream you can find and add four drops of essential oil for every 50ml (1.7fl oz/10 tsps) of product in the jar. Mix the essential oil into the cleanser using a sterile spatula or teaspoon handle, replace the lid and leave it for three days. Stir the mixture once a day before you begin to https: it. Apply it and remove as you normally would for an aromatic treat to an otherwise plain cleansing process.
Warning: if you notice that the formulation changes in texture during this three-day period, becoming thicker, thinner or lumpy, throw it away. Occasionally the emulsion of a particular brand of cream becomes unstable if you add extra ingredients and it may eventually lead to bacterial contamination.
Mix three drops of essential oil with 30ml (1fl oz/6 tsps) sweet almond oil and slowly add equal amounts of finely ground oatmeal and coarse desiccated coconut until you have a thick paste. Massage with the paste in small circular movements all over damp skin, particularly around the forehead, nose, chin and neck, then leave for a few minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water. Pat skin dry and moisturize immediately. https: this gentle essential-oil exfoliation twice a week for truly polished skin, free of dull, dead, flaky surface.
You can mix small amounts of ingredients to prepare moisturizers so the ingredients are always fresh without any wastage; you can mix several different combinations for different parts of your `face and apply them just-where needed; and since essential oils are so fine and have a natural affinity with skin, they penetrate better than many ingredients found in more traditional face creams.
When to https: Them
Morning and night application is suggested like any other moisturizer application. But its essential to choose a lighter moisturizer for day, and a heavy one for the night (according to your skin type of course), as rich moisturizer will make the face look greasy and shiny at day. One can also https: any essential oil moisturizer for aromatic purpose at day and the night one purely for treatment. Rich carrier based moisturizer should be chosen for night treatment.
Massage is the best way to make sure the oils soak in, as the warmth of skin on skin and the rubbing action both speed up absorption. Spend three minutes minimum gently smoothing the moisturizer all over your face, using fingertips in an upward direction and in circles from the inner to outer corners of the eyes.
Remember to mix only enough to last for a few days so there is no risk of contamination. Always store your moisturizers in airtight, dark glass bottles and shake them well before application. The ideal recipe should be: FOR FACILA MOISTURISERS
· 5 drops essential oil in 30ml (1 fl oz/6 tsps) carrier oil Plus 1 tsp wheat germ oil or the contents of a vitamin E capsule.
How to Blend Them
All facial moisturisers should contain essential oils, carrier oil to dilute, and either wheat germ oil or vitamin E as a natural preservative, and as they are also both excellent anti-oxidants they add an extra treatment benefit to your skincare. Anti oxidants are known to stop the harmful and aging effects of pollutants, sunrays and smoke.
The other bonus is that carrier oils, https:d to dilute the essential oils, are excellent moisturisers in themselves. The oil stops the water found naturally in the body from evaporating into the air.
The best carrier oils for the face are fine, light emollients. Some of the heavier oils are too rich and sit on facial skin for hours making the complexion shiny.
These are the few guiding points to make your own moisturisers.
Best Carrier Oils for the Face
· Sweet almond (for normal/combination skin)
· Wheat germ (for mature skin)
· Peach kernel (for sensitive skin)
· Apricot kernel (for dry skin)
· Jojoba (for greasy/irritated skin)
· Sunflower or avocado (for oily/blemished skin)
· Evening primrose (for wrinkles)
RICH FACIAL MOISTURISERS
For mature skin
· 3 drops Neroli and 2 drops galbanum in 30ml (1 fl oz/6 tsps) wheat germ oil.
· 2 drops each rose and frankincense in 30ml (lfl oz/6 tsps) evening primrose oil plus 1 vitamin E capsule.
For dry skin
· 2 drops violet and 3 drops rose in 30ml (lfl oz/6 tsps) apricot kernel oil plus 1 vitamin E capsule.
· 2 drops each Neroli, mimosa and rose in 30ml (lfl 02/6 tsps) wheat germ oil.
For thread veins
· 3 drops rose and 2 drops chamomile in 30ml (1 fl oz/6 tsps) peach oil plus I tsp wheat germ oil.
· 3 drops orange and I drop each lemon and lime in 30ml (1 fl oz/6 tsps) peach oil plus I tsp wheatgerm oil.
To treat rashes, itchiness
· 2 drops chamomile and 3 drops lavender in 30ml (1 fl oz/ 6 tsps) peach oil plus 1 vitamin E capsule.
· 1 drop each marigold and yarrow and 3 drops of sandalwood in 30ml (1 fl oz/6 tsps) jojoba oil plus 1 tsp wheatgerm oil.
To firm skin · 3 drops frankincense and 2 drops mandarin in 30ml (1 fl oz/6 tsps) wheatgerm oil.
· 2 drops each rose and lavender and I drop Neroli in 30ml (1 fl oz/6 tsps) wheatgerm oil.
To improve texture
· 3 drops violet and 2 drops lemongrass in 30ml (1 fl oz/6 tsps) evening primrose oil plus 1 vitamin E capsule.
· 2 drops each sandalwood and geranium and 1 drop of rose in 30ml (1 fl oz/6 tsps) wheatgerm oil.
For night time
· 2 drops each frankincense and myrrh in 30ml (lfl oz/6 tsps) wheatgerm oil.
For oily skin
· 2 drops each juniper and Cedarwood in 30ml (lfl oz/6 tsps) sunflower oil plus I vitamin E capsule
· 2 drops each geranium and lavender and I drop cypress in 30ml (lfl oz/6 tsps) of sunflower oil plus 1vitamin E capsule.
For combination skin.
· 2 drops each lemongrass and rosemary in 30ml (1 fl oz/6 tsps) sweet almond oil plus 1 vitamin E capsule.
· 1 drop petitgrain and 2 drops each rose and lavender in 30ml (1 fl oz/6 tsps) sweet almond oil plus I vitamin E capsule.
For sensitive skin
· 2 drops marigold and 3 drops rosemary in 30ml (1 fl oz/6 tsps) peach oil plus I tsp wheatgerm oil.
· 2 drops each chamomile and jasmine and I drop sandalwood in 30ml (1 fl oz/6 tsps) jojoba oil plus 1 vitamin E capsule.
To treat sallowness
· 3 drops orange and 2 drops rosemary in 30ml (2 fl oz/6 tsps) jojoba oil plus I tsp wheatgerm oil.
· 2 drops each lavender and ylang-ylang and 1 drop geranium in 30ml (1 fl oz/6 tsps) sunflower oil plus 1 vitamin E capsule.
To Treat Acne
· 3 drops bergamot and 2 drops chamomile in 30ml (1 fl oz/6 tsps) sunflower oil plus 1 vitamin E capsule.
· 2 drops each lavender and mint and I drop lemon in 30ml (lfl oz/6 tsps) sunflower oil plus 1 vitamin E capsule.
To clear blackheads
· 2 drops each tea-tree and eucalyptus in 30ml (1 fl oz/6 tsps) avocado oil plus I vitamin E capsule.
· 2 drops each lavender and geranium and 1 drop lemon in 30ml (1 fl oz/6 tsps) sunflower oil plus 1 vitamin E capsule.
For day time
· 2 drops violet and 3 drops rose in 30ml (1 fl oz/6 tsps) sweet almond oil plus 1 vitamin E capsule.