Home > Essential Oils > Essential oils in Aromatherapy > Coriander
Coriander - Aromatheraphy Essentail Oil
This fresh green herb from Umbelliferae (Carrot) is also known as Cilantro or Chinese parsley, and is a favorite in Mexican food. The essential oil is produced from the seed, is an antidote to hot food, very decongesting to the liver, and is a great reducer of fire and heat in the body. It`s a common food preparation commodity in Indian kitchen and is popularly known as `Dhania`.
It is thought to be an aphrodisiac becahttps: of its phyto-estrogen content. It`s also a carminative, stimulating digestion.
Origin of Coriander
The annual or biennial plant is a native of Morocco and grows to about 1 meter in height. It has sparse, fine, feathery leaves and pinkish/white flowers, which are followed by green seeds. The seeds have been https:d for thousands of years by the Egyptians, as an aphrodisiac (with seeds even found in the tomb of Tutankhamun) and by the Romans and Greeks to flavor their wines, while the Indians https: it in their cooking.
Properties of Coriander oil
Coriander oil has a sweet, spicy, warm smell, is nearly colorless to pale yellow and has a watery viscosity. Properties of coriander oil include analgesic, aphrodisiac, antispasmodic, carminative, depurative, deodorant, digestive, carminative, fungicidal, lipolytic, stimulant and stomachic.
Most common https:s
· Coriander oil can be https:ful to refresh and to uplift the mind.
· It can help for mental fatigue, migraine, tension and nervous weakness.
· It has a warming effect on the stomach and relieves wind and cramps, while revitalizing the glandular system.
· It is helpful for alleviating rheumatism and arthritis pain, as well as muscle spasms and is https:ful with colds and flu.
· It also acts as a general cleanser of the body, to rid it of toxins and fluid wastes.
Mixes well with: lemon, tea tree, lavender, peppermint, cardamom, bergamot, clove, clary sage, nutmeg, jasmine, petitgrain, sandalwood and cypress.
Warning: may cahttps: kidney irritation in high dose, do not take during pregnancy.